Are you a gardener? Do you like super fabulous and delicious healthy food? Are you interested in combating stress? Would you like to avoid next-day soreness after gardening?
Me too! I’ve done the research for you. Enter your name and email below and you’ll receive the Garden for the Health of It newsletter and instant access to my four Fit to Garden guides to get you started. From me, to you, for free!
Stacy (Walters) Best is a Registered Kinesiotherapist, Master Gardener, Holistic Health & Lifestyle Coach and corporate wellness expert with a passion for green living. Stacy’s dream is to create a community of people who are empowered to change the course of their own health, reduce their environmental footprint, and reconnect with nature by growing some of their own organic food. Uh, you in?
A Michigan native, Stacy fell in love with gardening at a young age and learned all of her garden practices from her Mom. She later attended The University of Toledo majoring in kinesiotherapy and pursued a career in corporate fitness & wellness.
In 2007 she blended her enthusiasm for her profession and favorite recreational activity to develop the Fit to Garden™ program educating gardeners on proper gardening biomechanics to reduce next day soreness and injury. In addition to the physical aspects of gardening, Stacy highlights the nutritional and stress management benefits of gardening in her blog Garden for the Health of It™. Her garden coaching program delivers the most sustainable and easiest ways to grow nutrient-dense organic food, healthy and delicious meal options requiring very little effort, and practical fitness practices.
In 2011, Stacy advanced her project even further as she merged gardening and corporate wellness. She has since launched several successful employee gardens, established benchmarks, and documented challenges and best practices. She is currently working on launching her new brainchild, the Corporate Garden Coach™, a consulting business for companies interested in starting an employee garden.
Now residing in northern Kentucky, Stacy enjoys sharing her holistic golden nuggets with her clients, online community, and workshop audiences to bring them one step closer to achieving their goals.
- Registered Kinesiotherapist, Amercian Kinesiotherapy Association
- Certified Holistic Lifestyle Coach, CHEK Institute
- Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner, American Association of Drugless Practitioners
- Certified Holistic Health Coach, Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Certified Powerhouse Pilates instructor: mat, prenatal, golf, reformer & equipment personal trainer
- Certified personal trainer & group exercise instructor, Aerobics & Fitness Association of America
- Certified Spinning instructor, Johnny G Mad Dogg
- Trained in Arthritis Leadership, Senior Fitness, & Breast Cancer Recovery Exercise Programming
- Master Gardener
- Master Composter
- Certified Square Foot Gardening Instructor, SFG Foundation
- National Center for Home Food Preservation trained
- Certified Effective Supervisory Manager
- Personal Fitness Chef certification–anticipated completion December 2013