A Michigan native, Stacy fell in love with gardening at a young age and learned all of her garden practices from her Mom. She later attended The University of Toledo majoring in kinesiotherapy and pursued a career in corporate fitness & wellness. In addition to pursuing her personal passions working with clients, teaching classes and workshops, and presenting nationally, she has worked in corporate wellness for 12 years and is a Director of Client Operations for the world’s largest corporate wellness company.
In 2007 she blended her enthusiasm for her profession and favorite recreational activity to develop the Fit to Garden™ program educating gardeners on proper gardening biomechanics to reduce next day soreness and injury. In addition to the physical aspects of gardening, Stacy highlights the nutritional and stress management benefits of gardening in her blog Garden for the Health of It™. Her garden coaching program delivers the most sustainable and easiest ways to grow nutrient-dense organic food, healthy and delicious meal options requiring very little effort, and practical fitness practices.
Stacy’s journey to her own health and happiness has been a challenging one. She thought she had the dream all figured out. Got the good education, to get a good job, to earn a good paycheck, and then everything else would fall into place. Even though she was eating well and working out everyday, her high-pressured corporate job was ruining her health. It wasn’t until she started considering gardening as the center of her wellness “practice”, that her well-being started to heal. Health is more than the food you put in your mouth and what you do in the gym. Nutrition and exercise are only a small part of being well. Avoiding exposure to toxic insult by balancing your home environment, relationships, career, spirituality, and stress levels are all critical in order to lead a life you love—and utilizing the garden as the vehicle to achieve that balance is a beautiful thing.
Stacy now resides in northern Kentucky with her husband, two amazing step children, and Boots the Ragdoll cat. She enjoys no-recipe cooking and baking based on seasonal items from her garden, all forms of outdoor recreation, teaching and practicing Pilates and Yoga, country concerts, and is learning to play the guitar.
- Registered Kinesiotherapist, Amercian Kinesiotherapy Association
- Certified Holistic Lifestyle Coach, CHEK Institute
- Certified International Health Coach (CIHC)
- Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner, American Association of Drugless Practitioners
- Certified Holistic Health Coach, Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- MELT Method Hand and Foot Practitioner
- Certified Personal Fitness Chef, Spencer Institute
- Certified Powerhouse Pilates instructor: mat, prenatal, golf, reformer & equipment personal trainer
- Certified Yoga instructor Level 3, YogaFit
- Certified personal trainer & group exercise instructor, Aerobics & Fitness Association of America
- Certified Spinning instructor, Johnny G Mad Dogg
- Trained in Arthritis Leadership, Senior Fitness, & Breast Cancer Recovery Exercise Programming
- Master Gardener, Ohio State University
- Master Composter, Civic Garden Center
- Certified Square Foot Gardening Instructor, SFG Foundation
- National Center for Home Food Preservation trained
- Certified Effective Supervisory Manager
Healthy Inspiration to Live Your Best Life. Sign up for our newsletter and receive our FREE Garden Smoothie Recipe Ebook